Backup solutions for businesses have changed significantly over the last number of years with the development of Cloud Computing Services. Online (off-site) backups are becoming ever more popular because they provide major advantages over the traditional tapes and external hard drives.
Secure Online Backups from BITS
Backup solutions for businesses have changed significantly over the last number of years with the development of Cloud Computing Services. Online (off-site) backups are becoming ever more popular because they provide major advantages over the traditional tapes and external hard drives. Those advantages include:
- The removal of the need for labour-intensive human intervention saves your organisation time and increases your team’s productivity. Less work by your people also removes the risk of making mistakes in the use and handling of tapes and external hard drives.
- Data is offsite – stored away from your buildings so that, should a problem occur at your site, your data will still be safe.
- Restoring your data from offsite is fast – and this enables your organisation to recover rapidly after any incidents of data loss.
- Retention periods are much longer than those typically available from tape/hard drive backups.
- Your data is stored in a dedicated Data Centre that brings with it high security and availability.
- As your capacity requirements increase over time you can easily adapt your configuration – thereby continuing to avoid capital expenditure.
At BITS we offer online backup using Microsoft Azure. Azure Backup is a powerful yet simple backup solution that resides online on the cloud. It offers a rich set of capabilities that can be configured for your specific needs. For example you can easily specify the files, folders and machines to be backed up. You can also choose the frequency of such backups. Along with these options Azure Backup also offers minimal maintenance and cost-efficiency, easy recovery of data, and secure data protection.
Our Solution Offers:
Monitoring (Fully Managed 24 x 7)
We continuously monitor your data backups. In the event that your online backup fails for any reason, a ticket is logged with our helpdesk and our technical staff focusses immediately on identifying the cause of the failure and then remedying the situation.
It is of limited use to have secure backups if your data can be intercepted on its way to or from the datacentre. Therefore our backups are configured to use high grade data encryption. This ensures secure transmission of your data both to and from the datacentre.
Our online backup service with Azure provides a mixture of full, incremental & differential backups of data to ensure that minimum bandwidth is used. This minimises your cost and also minimises the time required for data transmission.
Retention for Online Backups and Availability
Each backup is retained for 30 days but this can be extended up to 3 months if required. The Azure datacentre also guarantees 99.9% availability of your data.
Overall, Azure Backup offers a scalable, reliable, secure and encrypted cloud solution for your backup needs.
Azure Online Offsite Backup
Find out more about how we can provide you with offsite backup solutions