Secure Online Backups from BITS
Backup solutions for businesses have changed significantly over the last number of years with the development of Cloud Computing Services. Online (off-site) backups have become more popular because they offer major advantages over tapes/external hard drives. Those advantages are:
- Removal of the human interaction & possible mistakes that come with tapes/hard drives
- Data is stored away from your building so that should a disaster occur, your data is safe
- Restoration of Data is fast and means less down-time in the event of data loss
- Retention periods are much greater than usually gained from tape/hard drive backups
- Data is stored in a secure Data Centre that provides high security and availability
BITS offer online backups under the Microsoft Azure Platform. Azure Backup is a simple backup-as-a-service solution that extends tried-and-trusted tools on-premises with rich and powerful tools in the cloud.
Azure Backup offers minimal maintenance and cost-efficiency, consistent tools for offsite backups and operational recovery, and unified application availability and data protection.
Our Solution Offers:
Monitoring (Fully Managed 24×7):
Manned Datacentre monitoring your Data Back Ups. In the event that your online Backup fails, a ticket is logged with our helpdesk and is checked by our technical team to find out what caused the failure and to remedy the issue.
Backups are configured to use high grade data encryption and offers secure transmit of your data to the data centre.
Our backup service provides a mixture of full, incremental & differential backups of data to ensure that minimum bandwidth is used, while data is always easily available for restore, without a requirement for a large number of recovery files.
Retention for online backups and availability
Each Days backup has a retention of 30 days but this can be extended up to 3 months if required. 99.9% availability guaranteed from Microsoft Datacentre.